Friday 10 December 2010

Influences - Target audience

I have been researching into the rock genre and looking at the conventions of rock magazines. This is an issue of Kerrang! that shows the cockyness of rockers. The fact that the masthead is almost completely submerged shows K! confidence in being recognisable, and the body language of Pete and Patrick from Fall Out Boy show their cocky attitude; like they don't care and this is what they are so deal with it.
I like the main coverline going through the image, and the other coverlines at the bottom. This will be a technique i adopt when i do my magazine.







This is not a rock magazine, it's a 'London-culture' magazine. What i really like about i-D magazine, is that each cover star adopts an 'emoticon' face, asif they're creating their own version of i-D flipped round. I like how this captures the ethos of the magazine. I can use this in NOISE because of the hazard sign I have used as the 'O', and have one actor standing with his hands over his ears. I will try this with my actors and see if this works on a mock cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment