Thursday 13 January 2011

Influences - my draft magazine

Front Cover:

On my front cover I was influenced by both Kerrang and I.D magazine. Kerrang influenced the bottom line articles, the main cover line and the posters in the bottom right. I chose to use these because I think they look really good on the cover of a magazine, particularly a rock mag. Take the posters for example, a lot of rock magazine readers buy magazine for the posters, so to advertise them on the front cover seemed clever to me.  I.D magazine influenced my masthead and main image. I made the 'O' a hazard sign, which then influenced the main picture as Jake has his fingers in his ears. I.D magazine has a 'wink' as the masthead, and each person on the cover pulls their own version of it.

Contents:

My contents page is very much influenced by Kerrang Magazine. I really like how they have another feature as the main image, and then the rest of the contents listed below. I also used the idea of the editors note on the contents page too, with the picture and a colloquial paragraph accompanying it. Like most magazine, music or non-music, Kerrang divides its contents into sections that the readers can dip in and out of. I have also done this, and highlighted them in orange, and used the same font as the masthead. I also gave extra info on some headlines, which create humour and appeal to the reader.

Double-page spread:

My article is influenced by K! magazine too, because it follows a similar structure to a Paramore article I researched, which had a full page picture, additional comment boxes, and the article on the page next to it. I was also influenced by the language of the article, that set the scene in the opening paragraph, and told readers what the band was all about e.g. the music.The images are also like ones in K!, because they show images of the band offstage, which could show the casualness of the interview and how it is revealing personal stuff about the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment