Wednesday 12 January 2011

Language and Scripting

In my double paged spread I had to make sure that my language and register was right. I needed it to be like a Kerrang or Rock Sound style article, like this one about Blink 182 from Kerrang.
The register is conversational and it uses words related to music and more importantly rock music. I wanted to copy this informal register and incorporate it into my double page spread. I made sure that my quotes made Still Nameless sounded like a decent band that are in the music business for the music, and that they sounded like a fun band. I used info like 'Top 5 Bands' to encorporate the bands humour, '..and that really handsome band, Still Nameless?' I also did picture captions which mock them, to show that they don't take themselves seriously, and also to match the rebellious rock genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment